Friday, September 17, 2010

Fundraising 02


The Questell Foundation has offered to donate $200.00 towards Floyd’s stones. Together, that makes four hundred dollars we’ve raised to mark his grave.

In order to do my part fundraising-wise, I’ve done a portrait of Floyd which will be available on an over-priced t-shirt at Reverbnation (link will follow when I figure out how to size the image properly for the t-shirt people). Remember, the money is for a good cause. I will also be selling prints on high-quality acid-free wheat paper at the Hayti Heritage Center on August 20 – most of that money will go to Floyd, getting the damned prints made is going to be expensive. You can contact me at thbullfrogwillardmcghee@yahoo.com if you’d like to buy a print and can’t make the Hayti.

I’d like to have a Floyd Council Blues Festival down in Sanford to coincide with placing the stone. We’ll see if we can make that happen.

Tomorrow, I’m going back to Sanford to check with the county clerk’s office to see who owns the land the cemetery is on and who owns the land adjacent. If I can’t find his grave and our best deal is to place a marker somewhere close – like it is with Fuller’s memorial – it may become necessary to buy the land the monument will sit on.

No comments:

Post a Comment